Challenger brands. Who are you with?

Just saw @ChrisR5 mention Monzo on another thread (whom I love). I’ve spent the last 12 months with Bulb Energy (who I thought were great from a service & communication perspective).

However, I’m moving home this week and going to try out Octopus Energy in the new gaff (Thanks to a cheeky refer-a-mate code from @dan.)

Delivering better user experiences, deploying new features faster, breaking the stagnant moulds of their predecessors or simply a resentment of the big corporate incumbents are all reasons some people seek out disruptive brands.

Anyone using any other startup/challenger brands for their day-to-day utilities?

1 Like

It’s the calm before the storm.

1 Like

I switched to Octopus for my energy and the experience has been pretty good. Pricing was more competitive than the main competitors, the energy is 100% “green” and the fixed price tariff I’m on doesn’t have an exit fee (which is the biggest plus as a tenant)!

1 Like

Nice. Does your tarrif flex around what the changes in the wholesale energy market do or have you got a fixed one?

Monzo, Bulb, and soon Cuckoo. Love the first two, hopefully will love the third too!

2 Likes

Persoanlly I love anything with two oo’s in the name.

Cazoo
Deliveroo
Monzo
Google

@Tommy

Monzo
Octopus
Hyperoptic (can this be considered)

TBH I moved here from Aus and I went with all the easiest options / best customer service.

2 Likes

@alex time for a “Typhoo” ???

@dan “Hyperoptic” have always been unprofessional and rude when i have contacted them
and just want to quickly get you off the phone and dont want to entertain you i tried
to get answers out of them on how long to wait and deploy…all i got was “Not Gonna Happen”

1 Like

@PhantomR1982 thats terrible to hear, I’ve only contacted them once to activate the line as the online portal didn’t work they seemed pleasant then but thats shocking!

2 Likes

Give them time im sure they will upset you at somepoint…add them to your facebook
feed and read the comments on there posts when you get a minute.

They were advertising in my area but have NO Equipment Deployed.

1 Like

@PhantomR1982 I’ve not had facebook since 2013 :smiley:

3 Likes

Smart Man !!! Yet you should keep up with the trend.

2 Likes

Yo @tommy have you transferred into Octopus yet ???

@dan how are you finding them on your side ??

Im thinking of moving to them as well but any feedback is welcome
from Actual Customers :smile:

1 Like

Yes mate, switched over couple of weeks ago.

Super easy to switch and they’ve been great so far. However, I kinda miss the ‘warm fuzzy feeling’ you get when interacting with Bulb (from their illustrations and animations). Octopus feels a bit clinical/techy… you might like it :rofl:

2 Likes

Lollllllzzz @PhantomR1982 not sure you can let that one go

1 Like

@tommy and what are you trying to say that im a bit a-nale with regards
to my techie interface loves.

I looked at bulb as well to be honest then i thought about @Alex giving them
a load of angry customers to deal with after filtering through there forum
comments.

We’ve always been loyal to “British Gas” but recently they just dont care
so im off.

2 Likes

Haha, I would go Octopus or Bulb…

If you decide Octopus use https://share.octopus.energy/witty-gale-59 and we can share £100 :crazy_face:

2 Likes