Getting in contact with Cuckoo – your way

Hi guys,
We’re currently building our customer service infrastructure.

From chatting to people, we’ve heard the most common pain points with other providers are:

• you can’t contact them using the method you like (e.g. only via filling in a long form!)
  • long wait/response times
  • you get passed around different departments who clearly don’t communicate to each other so you have to explain yourself each time you’re passed around

I personally love the way you can contact Monzo via their help chat on the app (but we don’t have an app…yet), and how awesome the webchat team are on Nike.com.

So let me know…
How could we do it better? (we want to be the best!)
How would you like to get in contact with us if you had an issue?
Would you like to WhatsApp or WebChat the Cuckoo team (hello 21st century)?

7 Likes

Making each customer service team member capable of handling all enquires is a must. To stop people being bounced around and put on endless hold loops. First Direct Bank are very good for this. The first person you speak to is able to deal with 90% of all quiries.

Having some kind of system that regocnises your from your voice, device, IP adress etc. To avoud painful log-in information.

WhatsApp / Twitter / Live Chat through web/app - also a must.

I would much rather ping off a quick WhatsApp than sit on the phone.

1 Like

Thanks @Tom - great insight and good point about First Direct. All my friends with First Direct have the same high regard.

I’ve got good news for you then! We’re building our customer contact platform to handle WhatsApp, SMS, email, webchat and phone, all in one interface for our CSA’s. When we first launch next month however you might even get @Alex the CEO and I on some kind of bat-phone answering people directly! We want to hear the kinds of issues people are having so we can improve.

Totally agree with you on having the CS team all highly trained across all areas of the business is key. That’s our intention. Speaking of, we’re actually hiring a Head of Service role if anyone has any recommendations.

3 Likes

Hi guys

Here are couple of suggestions that I prefer.

I really like Sky’s text message customer service. I bought a sim deal while at work over 3 hour period. It is simple and allows you to progress at your own time. This is particularly good for non urgent queries.

Barclays have a very good mobile app. They allow you to do a lot more in terms of account management than any other banks I have used. Top of that, they have a direct call button which takes you straight to the human without long security questions.

1 - Make sure that you allow people to change whatever they want in the online/mobile app
2 - Have a direct call (to human) button like Barclays in the app so people don’t have to go through security questions
3 - If you need to have telephone menu, build it into your app before offering call button so the call gets to the right team

2 Likes

Think there’s a balance to be had. Please don’t have a eye-gaugingly long IVR that lists a hundred options, but equally…please don’t stick everyone through to the same group of agents if they’re not all appropriately trained. Most people don’t really want to call in unless they have to, so having a well thought-out “account services” section on your website somewhere should allow most people to sort themselves out. And use social media! I love it when you can tweet support stuff to a company and they reply quickly. Can also be really frustrating if they don’t though.

2 Likes

I think a mix of Intercom and telephone communication for instant feedback is the sweet spot for the customer experience.

1 Like

Thanks for your insights @Mehul

1 - Make sure that you allow people to change whatever they want in the online/mobile app

Totally – we’re currently building tools so customers can manage everything from their account once they’ve signed into cuckoo.co. Our Head of Technology @dan has been building a feature that allows everyone to customise their Wifi name and password. Say goodbye to long, random wifi details.

2 - Have a direct call (to human) button like Barclays in the app so people don’t have to go through security questions

This is a great shout – we don’t have an app (yet) but we’re looking into doing this from our website.

1 Like

Think there’s a balance to be had. Please don’t have a eye-gaugingly long IVR that lists a hundred options, but equally…please don’t stick everyone through to the same group of agents if they’re not all appropriately trained.

100% agree - nothing worse than being passed around different teams, all of whom only deal with very specific tasks. Our service team will be trained to support across multiple areas of the business.

Most people don’t really want to call in unless they have to, so having a well thought-out “account services” section on your website somewhere should allow most people to sort themselves out.

Funnily enough, this is what @James is working on at the moment. Fingers crossed he delivers 'eh James!

And use social media! I love it when you can tweet support stuff to a company and they reply quickly. Can also be really frustrating if they don’t though.

100% - we want people to be able to contact us by a means that suits them…social will be one of them.

Cheers Alex!

so having a well thought-out “account services” section on your website somewhere should allow most people to sort themselves out.

In addition, please re-think having anything that can’t be done by the customer (i.e. the requirement to have to phone in, for example, for certain things). There’s nothing more frustrating, when you can see more suitable contact points being available, than being forced to sit on a phone because the company has decided that’s the only way to do something!

I definitely think utilising text messaging/web chat is a really innovating way of customers contacting. Like @Mehul says, Sky have got this absolutely right!!

It allows customers to go at their own pace.
Live Chat via the website too would also be very beneficial.

1 Like

I think WhatsApp support is great, I like the functionality of being able to chat away with a customer service advisor without sitting there for a sold 30 minutes on ‘live chat’. The responses are a little delayed in between messages but it’s a great way to deal with anything non urgent such as a general enquiry where you don’t need an immediate answer.

So maybe depending on what the query is, the ‘case’ could be directed to the relevant place and dealt with in order of priority.

GiffGaff do community payback, rewarding loyal customers for answering questions on their forum and rewarding points/rewards in return for quality solutions and answers.

I like the way O2 run their service, offering the ‘Guru’ team for technical stuff such as setting up and then a separate team for billing etc. This appealed to many customers also, who would often book Guru sessions.

Three run a live help session every now and again via. web, which goes through questions people are asking on the live feed. I think this is a great way of engaging with customers and also would help you understand in more detail what your customer base are really thinking and give you the chance to answer any questions people have which aren’t in your FAQ.

2 Likes

I love the Guru videos!
I know Vodafone have their Community Champions and Sky do something very similar with their Oracle programme. It’s really refreshing as it gives customers a sense of reward for helping out others.

I’d love to see something very similar on here when things start to really take off :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I for One Always go for the traditional option of “Telephone Support” by locating the support team phone number normally on a contact us page or in some cases the top right on there webpage and then set some time aside to sit down with a cuppa and get ready to have a headache with the support agents even though I know I’m going to end up getting infuriated and end up coming off the phone stressed,

so this is my number 1) option for contact as you never know who you “new” customer is going to be young or old so they may not be savvy with learning the community setup…yet many do register for it then dont login.

1. while looking around for a new provider always in advance of my contract expiring that I have signed up to i’ve recently had conversations with the likes of “HyperOptic” who are quite rude to potential customers on the phone if they are “not in your area any time soon” and talk over you trying to get you off the phone quickly as they dont want to listen to your advice,however they also like many companies these days have a facebook page with the messenger profile built in so you can fire off a message to the company via inbox or a private messenger message (same thing really :slight_smile: so integrating “Facebook Messenger” for me will be a must…although like @Tom said below

WhatsApp is similar to FB Messenger (and now owned by Facebook) yet I have never signed up to WhatsApp or anyone in my household yet we get pestered to sign up…but that could change if it becomes more of a requirement.

the only issue I see with this is if your Home Internet “Wifi” connection is playing up then your only option is to have a Mobile Package and Data Allowance to enable this to be done which most providers always ask for a secondary number to “call you back on while we run a broadband line test” so having multiple contact methods is a must.

2 Likes

Thanks @PhantomR1982! A very thorough assessment. We’re trying to create as many channels as possible for you to get in touch with us. A contact phone number is also a legal requirement, so we’ll definitely be doing that one.

2 Likes

Hiya James,

Theres always new ways cropping up to handle any queries and issues but start small
and dont go big straight away otherwise you’ll get yourself and the team into a muddle
and things will get neglected and thats not what you are working towards.

The Community is a Great Start For Us Young-Uns with Smart Tech on hand.

:smiley:

2 Likes

Yes - we’re definitely keen on using the forum as much as we can! Including allowing smart people like you to help our customers with issues :muscle:

2 Likes

Something that might be of use to the CS agents and the customers is asking about their technical ability or allowing customers to notify the CSA that they are technical or work in tech. This would save a lot of time with certain calls and help the CSA adjust the tone/ complexity of the response.

2 Likes

While using 21st century communication is wonderful, if there is a fastest way to contact the company, shouldn’t that be made obvious on the site? (It’s email… I learned ) I also suggest that you use an automatic reply for Facebook messenger. Auto replies shows the message was received (even though it hasn’t been read) and may help to tell people the better options for after hours contacts.

3 Likes

Hi @csumike,

Thanks for your feedback. This is a good point –– the quickest way is by email, or by calling us directly.

The contact details can be found here: https://cuckoo.co/help/getting-in-touch/how-can-i-get-in-touch

Just so we learn from your experience – where did you expect to find our contact details (or more specifically where were you unable to find them?) I’ll then look at improving the visibility of our contact info.

And thanks for the tip on Facebook auto reply. I’ll chat about getting this setup with @Oliver!

Best
Tommy

Hiya @csumike and Welcome To The Cuckoo Community !!!

I Do Agree With Your Comment about 21st Century Communication to get in contact with
your Internet Service Provider and as its still early days for the small team theres plenty
of time to add more methods in time to the service.

As You’ve Found The Cuckoo Community personally id say this is the fastest method for getting a response and in doing so (After Registering Of Course) theres normally someone around 7 days a week inside and outside of the contact hours yet,if your a customer i believe theres a live chat option through your secure account section during operating hours…

There is also the Email Option that you’ve mentioned that wakes up the CEO whose normally falling asleep at his Keyboard & Monitor when it starts Cuckoooing at him through the Speakers.

While the email service can also provide you with more details about your connection and account its better this way to avoid posting sensitive details on an open to all forum.

And also there is a Phone Number which is available in the help section of the main Cuckoo website below www.cuckoo.co/help/getting-in-touch/how-can-i-get-in-touch

I know you meant “reply” here but here’s a tip hit the pencil under your post to correct the mistake and the forum will give you an achievement badge (i like these :smiley: )

Hope That Helps.