My New sign up experience

Here’s some feedback for my new connection on 28th August.

I was a bit apprehensive on the switch over day as I was due to go away on holiday the same/following day and had issues previously with trying to switch providers.

When I’d tried to switch providers previously I’d been left in the lurch with no connection, due to the old provider apparently disconnecting me before the new one took over the line. They both blamed each other for me being without a connection and had to wait 2 weeks before I could get reconnected to my original supplier. (Utility Warehouse to Zen Internet)

I was expecting my router a Technicolor TG589vac V2 provided by the previous supplier (Utility Warehouse) to shut down so I could then install the new one provided by Cuckoo. I was getting a bit concerned by mid-afternoon that nothing had been switched off and my broadband was still working fine. I don’t have a landline phone so was unable to check the line using a handset.

Eventually, I connected the new router provided by Cuckoo to see if it would work… and it did!
So the up shot is both the old and the new router were working on the line with no noticeable interruption or break in service. The switch over could have taken place early morning without me knowing.

The reason for this seamless handover would appear to be that both my old provider Utility Warehouse and Cuckoo are “piggy backing” on the Talk Talk Business network and both routers were compatible. So there was no network conflicts that had happened when I tried to switch to Zen Internet previously.

On the switch over day I was getting 30 mb. Upon my return from holiday yesterday I’m now getting a stable 67mb.

Very happy with the outcome… although a bit anxious on the day thinking nothing was happening!

Dave

3 Likes

Hey @tofudave,

Thanks for your feedback. That’s great news that you’ve had such a positive experience with us (especially glad about the consistent 67Mb/s too).

We’ve been working on a big update to our communications service this week. @dan our Head of Tech is about to deploy an update which will ensure all new customers get an SMS and an email once your Cuckoo connection has gone live. This complete rebuild of our comms should make a huge difference to new customers signing up.

Your feedback makes a big difference to us so keep it coming!

Tommy (Head of Brand & UX)

1 Like

Thanks @tofudave. Its an interesting one on routers. We should do an autdit as some BT customers have even seen their old BT router work on a live Cuckoo connection. Would also save some of the faff with switching if you didn’t have to change routers (as well as £££).

Yes, an SMS notification would be great so new customers who have a compatible router don’t have to sit and wait all day waiting for a connection they may have had for a several hours as per my experience

2 Likes

Further to my previous feedback pleased to say my download speed has increased from a consistent 67mb to 73mb this week… can you go any further!

3 Likes

Nice !!! I Approve Of This Jump In Speed In Your Area

To The Best Of My Knowledge you may just creep over the 80/20 profile cap
on any FTTC Provided Connection so you must have a Really good line
there @tofudave

The next step would be Openreach Fully Continuing to Roll out is G.FAST which
is similar to full fibre but still using the FTTC cabinet routes that we all have
currently but it requires a different setup/modem to do this as it uses the fibre
cables and a different frequency…however you have to be within a certain
limited range for this to work.

It gets very complex explaining how that works but i suspect it will be limited
to certain suppliers at present.

Keep us updated if your speed go higher !!! (i went higher once and it crashed
my line :grimacing:)

1 Like

Maybe its the pessimist in me but Im dreading the day when it drops…

1 Like

Very happy camper…. Only 766m from the exchange ( as the Cuckoo flies ) so probably the reason for goods spreeds

Reply to: Cuckoo Community cuckoo+77864f41482568dff8d3597e79542467@discoursemail.com

1 Like

As the Cuckoo flies. That’s awesome! We could use that in the sign-up flow to explain people’s speeds @Tommy?

2 Likes

Hahaha by stating how far their postcode is from the exchange? I can see it now…

As the Cuckoo flies you’re 766m from the exchange so you’ll be able to get great speeds!

1 Like

Yh and we could use https://what3words.com/daring.lion.race?redirect=true for each location

1 Like

Omg @Tommy. BT Tower is a skip!!! :poop:

1 Like

You have my permission … for a small fee !

2 Likes

“VOLUNTEERED.BRANDED.SKIP”

omg someone at what3words must be having a laugh :joy:

2 Likes

This is the most awesome address for your business… start packing your bags to Cuckoo Avenue.
It encapsulate the whole deal Boost ( your broadband)

///boost.local.flight

2 Likes

DO IT DO IT DO IT !!! integrate that into the speed checker before sign up commences !!!

Credit Given To @tofudave on the next mailshot update.

1 Like

Do you charge VAT on your services?

1 Like

Oh Really Not You As Well !!! I have had enough of that advert at night :joy::grin::rofl:

1 Like

Uh Ohhh !!! Dont Tell BT that…now if its up for sale on the ground floor the possibilities are endless eh @oliver

2 Likes